When and what information do we collect?
Some personal data is collected when you volunteer to join the Consumer Pulse panel and when you tell us about your purchases. In particular, Kantar Worldpanel may collect (you will be prompted for your consent) and hold details of your name, address, telephone number, and email address. For your information we have certain security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that Kantar Worldpanel may collect.
We acknowledge and accept that some of you may not wish to provide certain requested information but we are still happy to have you participate in our research programmes and will do our best to win your trust.
We may also check for cookies that are left on your machine when you view specific adverts or web pages online using a system called tagging. Tagging is an ad indication technology which enables select advertisers to know if one of their ads was displayed to your computer as part of your normal web browsing. The ad indication occurs by enabling a beacon which typically places a text file (cookie) on your browser. This is for research purposes only; no future ad display or behavioural targeting decisions are directly powered by this at all. There is no personally identifiable information passed. You can control how cookies are handled and stored or delete all cookies by changing your browser settings.
If you do not wish to participate in this specific part of Consumer Pulse you can opt out. Please note that this option is available once you have completed registration. To change your preference please log in. Members aged under 16 will automatically be opted out. Opting out will not affect any other aspect of your Consumer Pulse membership.
What do we do with your personal information?
We will publish summarised reports about Consumer Pulse research. These reports will never identify any individual person or household.
You consent to us using your personal data to provide you with correspondence or any communications relating to market research which may require your involvement.
In particular we need to share some of your personal information with BI (The Business Improvement Company) and any reward suppliers acting on their behalf who operate the Reward Accounts for each panel member. This information is kept in confidence and only used to establish and track the reward points you have earned and to enable them to deliver your selected Reward items.
By telling us about your purchasing habits you acknowledge and consent that any information that you provide and any other personal information disclosed by you with your consent, will be collected and used by Kantar Worldpanel only, for market research purposes on behalf of our clients, market research analysis, reports, internal administration, internal training and/or to fulfil our obligations to you. Any information you provide to us will be treated with care and respect and we will not mislead you in any way.
Who will we share your information with?
You consent to us sharing your personal data contained in any surveys or questionnaires with other companies within the Kantar Worldpanel group. Please be assured we will not pass your personal details to a third party company without your prior consent. We may also be required to disclose your personal information by law or to any regulatory authority, including the Market Research Society.
Please notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 08085 774 445 if you have provided us with your personal details and if you:
(a) do not wish your personal data to be used in a manner described above (we should be grateful if you set out your specific objections to any use);
(b) wish to see the personal data we hold about you. Of course if the information is inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant, we shall correct or delete it after discussing the matter with you.
You consent to us transferring your personal data to other companies in and out of the EEA only for the purposes mentioned above. We shall endeavour to ensure that your personal data is kept confidential and secure.
We are Kantar Worldpanel. Our registered address is Kantar Worldpanel, Westgate, London W5 1UA (company number 3073845).
Kantar Worldpanel, formerly known as TNS Worldpanel is part of the Kantar Group. The Kantar Group is a wholly-owned subsidiary of WPP Group plc. For further information, please visit www.kantar.com.
2. In particular you are consenting for Kantar Worldpanel to pass your name and address details to our rewards provider BI (The Business Improvement Company) and any suppliers acting on their behalf. This is purely for the delivery of your reward items.
3. Points will be rewarded as described on www.consumerpulse.co.uk.
4. Points can be checked and redemptions made on-line at any time on www.consumerpulse.co.uk or by calling the rewards hotline on 0800 0121 488.
5. If you have any queries relating to your rewards then you can call the rewards hotline on 0800 0121 488 or e-mail email@example.com.
6. Any other Consumer Pulse queries (e.g. where you should enter items) should go to the Consumer Pulse Helpdesk on 08085 774 445 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Kantar Worldpanel reserve the right to change the rewards programme.
8. Kantar Worldpanel reserve the right to change the reward items on offer.
9. Kantar Worldpanel will notify you of any changes to the programme at least a month in advance.
10. The minimum voucher denomination is £10 (10,000 points).
11. All orders will be processed within 48 hours of receipt.
12. Panel member point’s accounts will be credited within 5 working days of reward.
13. Order values of £80 or lower will be sent via standard post.
14. Order values of £80.01-£119 will be sent recorded post.
15. All other order values will be sent registered post.
16. Reward items will be sent to your home address only (the one currently registered with Kantar Worldpanel).
17. Kantar Worldpanel reserve the right to decide membership of the Consumer Pulse panel.
18. Upon retirement from the panel no further points will be rewarded after this date.
19. You can redeem any outstanding points up to 8 weeks after your panel retirement date.
20. Kantar Worldpanel may temporarily freeze your account to cover extended periods where panel members cannot contribute to the task. (extended holidays, illness, moving home etc.). This will be at Kantar Worldpanel’s discretion.